Auction, Cars, Classifieds, Community, Dating, Finance, Food, Jobs, Parenting, Property, Renovation, Shop, Tech, More

SingaporeRenovationPortal.com

Singapore Renovation Portal Singapore Online Interior Design Website, Sg Renovation Portal Sg Online Interior Design Website, Singapore Home Renovation Singapore, Sg Home Renovation Sg, Singapore Renovation Companies Singapore, Sg Renovation Companies, Singapore Renovation Forums Sg Renovation Forums

Home

Register

Singapore Renovation Quotations

Singapore Renovation Forum

Search Sg Reno Forum

Sg Renovation Classifieds

Ads

Sg Renovation Discussion Chat Forum Website, Sg Renovation Forums, Sg Renovation Package Discussion Forum, Sg Home Renovation Discussion Chat, Sg House Renovation Chat

Go Back   Sg Renovation Chat Forum > Introduction / Gatherings / Renovation Photos > House Renovation Photos Discussion / Renovation Blogs Chat

House Renovation Photos Discussion / Renovation Blogs Chat Share nice home renovation decor photos or your house renovation photos in our Renovation Blogs Discussion. [Post Reno Photo / Blog].

Old 17th July 2012, 01:36 PM   #31
Julia

Default Review from a satisfied customer for Raymond, Benson & the team at beNzdesigN

Some of you might think that too many good reviews on beNzddesigN are overwhelming and untrue. I can’t blame you for that cause that was our reaction too when we were going through the forum for our 3A resale flat. Before meeting up with them, we have already met up with about 10 different ID companies’ reps within 3 weeks located at IMM, TradeHub 21, EXPO, Belestia, etc. After reading the reviews and the pics, we decided to call their office just to check it out. Since the most of the reviews were about Benson, we asked for him but as his schedule were full till July, so we meet up with Raymond instead. Their office located at a HDB shophouse at Ang Moe Kio and needless to say we do not have much expectation as most of the ID showrooms we have visited are all bigger or located at more crowded places. However after talking to him for about 2 hours, we know our flat will be in good hands.

How and why? Cause we are looking for an ID with good design concept and field experience. After our experience talking to different IDs, I can ensure you that the design portfolios that they show you are more or less the same. They have files and files of renovated flats in 3D designs and pictures. If you have keen eyes, you will even realize some of them, different companies, have a few duplicated pictures, not sure if the IDs download them online or bring them over when they change companies. Being in the marine architect industry with similar construction concept, my husband ask about the products’ and process details. Most of them are just keen to close the deal by agreeing to what we want, in most case, these IDs do not really know about the products, how the works are being done or even if they can be done. I bet they don’t get their hands dirty but just sit behind the PC, drawing 3D layout and pass them to workers. Raymond and the team are different in that area. He highlighted to us what are the issues we need to lookout for and what might not be feasible, sharing us his experience. He is able to draw out the layout by hand while we discuss and explain the details step by step.

Now next question most of you will be burning to ask will be, how about the price? For BeNzDesign, they do not have packages like most IDs companies are offering in the market now. However from our experience, there is not a single package that we do not need to top up and alter. I believe it’s the case for most of you, because not one flat renovation is identical to another so how can these packages work for all? Either we compromise what we want by sticking to the package or top up to customize what we want. After the impressive meeting with Raymond, we were a bit worried that the quotation will be high but surprisingly it is below what most ID companies have offered for the same items and design. Without any doubt or second thoughts, we engaged them as the contractor for our flat.

Let me move on to the actual renovation process. Due to our tight schedule, Raymond gives us a project timeline of 3 weeks. Anyone who has been sourcing around will know that most the IDs need 6 to 8 weeks for resale 3rooms and above. Now we are already in the 2nd week of renovation and the team has been efficient and effective. They do not compromise the quality due to the short timeline and instead work on Sunday and late in the evening to keep up and maintain good workmanship. We been checking on the renovation status now and then after work, In addition, Raymond will send us the renovation pictures when he is at the flat. Now, ask around how many of the contractors do that for you?

You can guess from my review that we are not really easy customers to deal with. From the day we have engage Raymond, we keep changing our mind; adding jobscope, deducting items out, altering layout, questioning this and that. Even when we are buying furnitures and home accessories, we will MSM him the pic and ask him for advice. Not once did Raymond give us an attitude or make things difficult for us. He has been prompt in returning my msgs/calls, keeping his cheerful personality and gives us advice throughout the way. During our meetings in the showroom, if Benson is around he will also chip in his thoughts as well. The whole team definitely has a good team work and workmanship.

I decided to put in effort in composing such a lengthy review cause I been through this tiring sourcing IDs routine. I have hope during that time, others will give us a more detail review. Also this is my way of saying thanks to Raymond, Benson and the team by recommending them. I will also upload our renovation pictures stage by stage to give a better picture. For those who like to look for Raymond, do contact him at 9168 7757, or the beNzddesigN office at 6554 4419. [email protected],com, www,benzdeconceptz,com, Address 157 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 #01-572 S’560157.

Last edited by Julia; 18th July 2012 at 04:06 PM..
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 04:21 PM   #32
Julia

Default Re: Highly recomended ID Benson Lo, who design up my house in to a DREAM HOME

I'm not able to post the picture being a new member and such. However you may view my flat pictures before renovation, 3D designs and the renovation progress in my album, Renovation Progress.
Old 18th July 2012, 03:04 PM   #33
taufu

Default Re: Highly recomended ID Benson Lo, who design up my house in to a DREAM HOME

I agree with you, My house was done up some time ago by Benzdesign Studio. Over all im happy with their services. Good luck to you.
taufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 09:13 PM   #34
Remy

Send a message via ICQ to Remy

Hi everyone, anyone in this thread reno 3 room resale flat from Benson Lo before and whats the damage? thank you
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 10:50 PM   #35
dave

Thumbs up Re: Highly recomended ID Benson Lo, who design up my house in to a DREAM HOME

"What's the damage?" What a question but yes, that's the main concern.

I would say for me the whole renovation was make a great one with Benson's updates as well as his suggestions and ideas.

Damage... hard question but probably delay of wallpaper (abt 3 days but well, that was from my own supplier which caused delay for his workers). Other then that, everything is ok.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 09:38 AM   #36
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Hi everyone, anyone in this thread reno 3 room resale flat from Benson Lo before and whats the damage? thank you
Remy,

I am currently renovating a 3 room resale flat with Raymond from Benson team. We are now in the 2nd week of renovation and so far we haven't encounter any "Damage". The team has been working pretty much on schedule which we have been checking up most of the day. There was a few delay in the tiling but that's because we change some of the tile after the renovation started and they have to change the exisiting stocks and reorder the tiles. Raymond will take note on your concern and suggest on a few ideas and solutions. Design, no complain. Workmanship, no complain. Schedule, no complain. Pricing, no complain.

You can also check out my detail review on them in my earlier posts and my renovation photos can be found in my album, Renovation Progress.

Let me know if you need more info on my renovation.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:23 AM   #37
Remy

Send a message via ICQ to Remy

Hi Dave & Julia, Thank you for your replies. I'm sorry i didnt make it clear in my statement. The damage i'm reffering to is the price you've paid for the whole renovation.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 10:06 AM   #38
eileen

After hunting for 2 months or so, been to many id firms, after short list a few id firms I have sign up with Benson Lo from Benzdesign Studio, He was so detailed unlike some of the so call contractors who claim to be an id, Benson was so different, while talking to us, he could draw out free hand and explain to us abt the whole house lay out and concepts. The designs he propose to us is not fancy but simple ,modern.We love his ideas. its totally different from the others ,as in the others would follow as what we want.

As what i browse through the Singapore web pages, He is indeed one of the popular & most recommended ids among others and his service is rated A.

you can see most of it at googles search. just type BenzdesignStudio reno, and you can see most of the good comments, service awards and highly recommended ID[/QUOTE]
eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 10:12 AM   #39
hasl

Default Re: #1 Highly recomended ID Benson Lo, who design up my house in to a DREAM HOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
I would like to share pics of my house done by my id, Benson Lo (Benzdesign Studio) . How he transform my HDB toilet to a 5 star Hotel toilet.
I must thanks Benson for his effort to do it
Here are the before and after process

My id, Benson Lo 94556664
Until now we still love his toilets designs, some how or rather, it would not get out dated
hasl is offline   Reply With Quote